Saturday, October 11, 2008

A great new review and an embarrassing injury!

Choate Road reviewed Spirit-Mother!

I vaguely remember this bizarre conversation in the hotel bar in Ohio with a guy with a LOT of blond hair. (remember, I was about six vodka/cranberries in, with the tequila freely flowing). We were in the, as Gregory Hall puts it, the Verizon Wireless crowd of drunken writers and fans, so after the blond guy (whose name I finally managed to find out was Jim) kept asking me, "Are you a Gators fan?" I think he asked me like four times. I kept saying no and sloshing back shots of tequila. I don't remember exactly when or how, but I ended up in a really dark corner of the bar with Matt, Robin, Jim, Jason Keene and two awesome Ohio chicks, Courtney and Beth. Jim found out I was a writer, or I was babbling about my book, or something, and offered to review my book.

I didn't have any print copies (still don't, damn it) so I told him I could send him a copy of Spirit-MOther in PDF.

Long story short, I did, and he reviewed it!

Here's the link:

http://www.choateroad.com/reviews.htm

I love it!

The book is available at

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Spirit-Mother/Adra-Steia/e/9781934678985/?itm=1



I also had a very embarrassing injury today...I was in a new store, trying on shoes. They happened to be this pair of fire-engine red stilleto heels. Very cute. So not me. Six inch high heels and super-klutz don't mix! Anyway, I got one of my feet into one shoe (wasn't easy...I swear my feet just aren't shaped for fancy schmancy shoes!) and was trying to cram my other foot in. I stumbled, hopped, caught my balance, and decided to give up that venture.

When I stepped down out of the one shoe I'd managed to get on, my other leg cramped up really bad. After a couple of steps, I realized I'd managed to pull a muscle. Trying on shoes. That's about as bad as when I gave myself a black eye waxing my eyebrows!!

No comments: