Tuesday, March 23, 2010

AAAAAArrrttt

Art. Love it. Love seeing it, love making it. I have spent the last few years working on digital techniques, photoshop and all that jazz. It's fun and I love, it but somethign Billy Tackett said to me at a convention has stuck with me. "The computer is a tool."

So Over the last couple of years, I've tried to balance the digital art with traditional mediums. I am never far from a drawing pad (better texture, vs a sketch pad) and graphite or charcoal. I prefer woodless graphite. A little messier, but you can get such a variation in line and shade! When I started school again, I made sure to register for as many art classes as possible. You can see my work in my deviantart account. www.asharceneaux.deviantart.com.

I still love digital art. After spending three years working solely on book covers, I'm doing my own digital art now. I've done some horror themed stuff, and I'm about to start a gothic-cover-art-themed series. Check it out! Again, the link is www.asharceneaux.deviantart.com.

No comments: